Friday, November 04, 2005

Robbing Bastards

A couple of weeks ago I did something very silly, nay, childish and silly. In a fit of temper I threw an external hard drive across the room because it had turned to shit. This is how I normally "fix" things, unfortunately it didn't work this time and it just fell apart. What you gonna do?

With the impending arrival of my new Xbox 360 I needed a bigger model anyway to act as a media store for all my streaming media, that’s how I justified the destruction to myself. Seems a bit of a thin excuse now. One e-mail later and Paul was only on the job a few hours until I had a list of online shops selling bargain hard drives. After some hard thought, weighing up the pros and cons of each, I settled on.......the cheapest (by a whole £3). So I spend 15 minutes filling in forms, registering an account, confirming my account, verifying my order until eventually i get to the final part of my order to be greeted by something along the lines of:-

"You live in the Isle of Man; we're going to shaft you with postage, that'll be £20 extra please".

I'm a bit annoyed but figure what the hell I've got this far, at least with costly courier delivery it will be here in a day or two (3 at the very worst)? How wrong was I?

£28 BASTARD POSTAGE, NOW OVER ONE WEEK LATER AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR ANY SIGN OF MY VALUABLE PACKAGE! WANKERS.

1 comment:

No one Really said...

Cancel the order fella, and get one local, from a shop for local people.

Robbing, fleecing Mainland Bastards!