Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Unlucky


I actually went for a job interview yesterday. I was in two minds whether to apply for it in the first place, as it was a drop in wages, but at the last minute I thought, Why not? Let’s see what happens.

So I applied and got an interview. I think my interview technique is “special”, basically I didn’t really care if I got the job or not, and so was very very relaxed and made a lot of very funny jokes all the way through.

Anyhoo, the upshot was that although they liked me, I have no formal IT qualifications and so they went with a fella that did.

I was a little upset, as rejection isn’t nice, even if I wasn’t actually bothered about the job. It’s not great when people turn you down.

But what really got me depressed was the fact I was looking forward to a Month off Work being paid.

You see, in IT they tend to ask you to leave the premises as soon as you hand your notice in. Just in case you do something nasty to their system’s I suppose. However, if you were going to do that, you would do it and then hand your notice in.

Anyhoo, I was looking forward to telling the new employers that I would have to do 4 weeks notice, then being told by my current employer that I would have to leave immediately and that I would be paid my notice.

I would then have Merry Xmas off and start a new job in the New Year..

But the bastards didn’t want me….

Sod em!

No comments: