Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas - Part 1

Seeing as everybody else is being slack I thought i'd be the first to update with tails of Christmas. I'm sure the rest of the lads will update in their own (works) time!

So, Christmas eve we ran around like lunatics, although this is the most organised for a Christmas I have ever been, soo many things had been forgotten not least of which being actually getting the presents to people. We spent the morning in town shopping for a new set of pans (S had burnt the bottom out of our largest pan whilst making soup), I hate shopping. I really really hate shopping, especially on Christmas eve. The internet was invented for me. After going to 3 shops we settled on our first choice, FFS they're just pans after all. The WHOLE afternoon was then spent driving around the island doing a poor impression of father Christmas. Whenever I see my family they always come out with the same thing about coming to see them more often. I'm busy, they're busy and yet i'm still always made to feel guilty. The annual shallow promises were made, jobs a good un. I wonder how many times THEY'LL come to see me this year???

Christmas day itself passed by in a blur, I was Chef for the day so once all the presents were open I spend the rest of the day co-ordinating a 3 course meal for the 5 of us, S's parents were coming. Thanks to my PDA (i'm no cook and very forgetfull) everything turned out well. Everbody complained that I cooked too much but same old same old. I think that if you can eat your pudding straight after your main course then your main course is too small?

We all got everything we wanted for Christmas and then some, we must have all been good boys and girls. The only thing missing was my x-box360. Bastard Amazon and their lies. I wont rant on, i'm sure it will be here soon, delivery estimate 29Dec-11Jan. L in particular was happy with her lot, although the pile did look smaller than last year (a side affect of growing older i'm sure) everything she got was quality and i'm positive will be played with. Before Christmas we had to throw away some of last years un-opened toys to make room.

So between Christmas and now we have been taking it easy. Watching the usual rubbish on TV, eating too much and even having the odd beer. Visitors have included a very brief visit from Paul Maxine and family. Daniel took a liking for L so i'll have to be keeping an eye on that one. My older brother and family has been around, again to look at the TV. There is a theme here. Our trips out have mainly been visiting family again although I do owe Paul and Maxine an appology for not being able to make it to a social drinks night a few days ago. You see i've had sick people around me for a month now and with my super human immune system managed to fight of all bugs. With the Christmas "spirits" on board I guess it was inevitable that I would end up sick. Avian flu no less. Seriously though, I am feeling like shit, not one of your common sore throat and runny nose colds but a full on banging head and can't mov flu affair. I didn't want to spread my germs and besides more drink could have been fatal. There will be no beer for me tonight either, Monopoly is about as exciting as my New Years eve is going to get. I don't mind though, i'll be spending it with my favourite people in the whole world.

On that note i'll wish everyone a happy, safe and prosperous new year! By this time next year lads....

No comments: