Friday, December 02, 2005

A funny way to find Things – Apparently


I happened to mention my method of finding things to the Secretaries yesterday and they found it highly amusing… God knows why.

If I am looking for something that I haven’t used in a long time, i.e. yesterday I was looking for a software installation disk, I start off my looking in places I don’t think it will be.

It’s more of a matter of elimination.

You see, if I look in the place it should be, and it’s not there, then where the hell should I look.

SO.

I start off looking in obscure places that it might possibly have been left. After exhausting all of these, I then look it the place it should be, and low and behold there it is.

Everyone is happy.

Strange? No

Logical? Yes

2 comments:

Donna said...

That's not at all logical. And, it could explain why every male in my life is useless at finding things.

Jayster said...

I've been known to have to look in the most illogical places for things I've only just put down! - I have a habit of picking things up at random, carryng them for a few moments, then putting them somewhere else, especially if I need to pick something else up. It's not unusual to find that I've acidentally left the TV remote control in the fridge, or an open beer bottle in some random cupboard. Tea-towels and oven gloves are also regularly discovered lurking in the front room or by the record player... Keys? - did somebody say keys? I'm not even going to start on keys!