Thursday, December 22, 2005

Nothing Coherent, just jumbled thoughts.


I didn’t blog yesterday, as I couldn’t think of a single thing to say, which as my wife will tell you isn’t unusual. This was a pity, as I didn’t have a single thing to do at work all day, and I was bored silly.

So today I thought I would just waffle for 10 mins.

Watching the news last night, there was a report that City Wankers (I’m sure that is what they said) have had a bumper year and that some bonuses could be as high as £10 - £20 million…… WHAT? 20 million squid, what the fuck is that all about…. What about all the hard working IT people out there, that keep the whole ship going behind the scenes? Just because I don’t sit at my desk till 6/7 o’clock doesn’t mean I haven’t brought the same worth to the office as the accountants here. How would they get on if the systems didn’t run, that the backups didn’t work and every time they overwrite the wrong file I can’t restore it… Bastards! If I don’t get at least £5 million this year, I’m off.

Oh and I’m sure nurses and social services, fireman, police officers, stay at home mum’s and video store workers all could do with a slice of that pie as well.

In other news apparently someone who can cut a dash on the dance-floor has always been seen as a good catch, but scientists have now explained why.
It appears people who boogie better tend to be more symmetrical - which is something people look for in a mate.

Have you seen me dance? I mean really dance?

That actually explains why I am such a big hit with the chicks and Timmy D is not.

My work today is going to involve two things.

I bought myself a wooden puzzle about three years ago, where you have 10 long blocks. Each block is made up of holes, pegs or flat, the idea being you have to match 5 logs on top (east to west) over the 5 logs on the bottom (North to south). Anyway, three years later I still haven’t managed it. Not that it takes up my every waking hour. But when I do happen across it, I tend to spend a while trying to solve it. So I have re-created a mathematical representation of the puzzle and will spend the rest of the day trying to solve it.


The second thing I shall create a spread sheet of all the place’s I can buy my new TV and see what the differences are. Not that interesting I know, but I have to have something to do till 5.00pm

You all have a nice day.

1 comment:

car01 said...

Just a thought Paul, but have you tried PuzzleDonkey (http://www.puzzledonkey.com)?

Feel free to delete my comment if you think it's blatant advertising, but it might help relieve the boredom a bit.