Thursday, December 08, 2005

Proper Crimbo

Yeah, sure. There are four of us supposed to contribute to the Manx Lads blog. But when faced with the incisive wit of Mr K, the sublime wit of Mr F and the laconic wit of Mr B – I tend to come off as a shining wit (spoonerism applied!).

Christmas. I lurve christmas. I do the giddy, dashing about, santa hat wearing kinda Christmas. Sing along to the naff tunes, irrational purchases, eat whatever is on offer kind of Christmas. Love it. Love it so much I save my two fave jokes for christmas time – years ago they used to raise a chuckle, now they raise a groan or silence (silence is the best weapon against encouragement, don’t you think!).

So I’m in a quandary for Crimbo day. Round the folks? Invite myself to one of the numerous sisters or aunties? A singleton on Christmas day is often viewed on as a little sad. Poor lad gonna pull his own cracker and wake up in the morning to unwrap the present he bought himself . . . But in reality I have a ball! Stagger in early xmas morning, crash out, up for 10 to put the roast on and prepare the veg. Zip round the extended rellies, distributing pressies and watching the utter contemt of nieces/nephews faces as they unwrap my gifts only to find it’s a toy that doesn’t require batteries!

Tee Hee. The festive joy of it. Christmas, I love it! So much so I have it on my CV as a hobby.

No comments: