Friday, December 16, 2005

Work Christmas Party


It’s that time of year again, and I have my Work’s Christmas Party today starting at 12.00 in the boardroom. We open some beers and then hand out the Secret Santa’s.

Don’t get me going on Secret Santa’s… What a load of bollocks. Last year I gave a Homer Simpson Soap on a Rope to my Secret Santa. He kept saying, “What the fuck is that meant to mean?”


It meant nothing dumb arse, it was the nearest thing to the till in the pound shop.

Anyhoo, back to the Party.

Inevitably, I’ll end up upsetting someone; I tend to enjoy arguing and winding people up when I’m drunk, and apparently I’m very very good at it. I don’t do it out of meanness, I just messing with them.

In fact, I’ve got to a certain skill level, that I can upset people without really listening to what I’m saying.

At last years Work’s Party, I was talking to this fella, and his American wife came over to say hello. Well she said a few things, and I replied without paying attention to what I was saying.

Anyway, to cut a long story short she ran out of the Pub crying….with Anger I must add, not upset.

Her husband actually found it quite funny, and everyone has been bringing up the story all week.

But I have promised myself, to be nice, and get along with everyone, even the yanks.

I just hope I last longer than 5.30pm….

Merry Xmas.

2 comments:

Donna said...

How's yr head today? You sound like the kind of basssstard that would get to me when I'm drunk - I so easily bite to the slightest controversy after a few beers ....

****** said...

I'll get all the details of you tomorrow at the social outing of the year. I'll be there about 12:30

Our "do" was on Friday as well, much the same as you I was determined not to upset anyone. Anyway, highlights include my explanation (to a group of 3 managers)of why managers are all too busy sucking each others cocks to realise how what they decide affects the lives of real poeople. That and my heart to heart with a girl explaining how I didn't understand why people thought she was such a slag when she comes across a such a nice girl to me. Turns out she didn't know everybody thinks she is a bit of a slag. Other than that I was only refused entry to 1 pub so result all round.