Thursday, January 19, 2006

Xbox 360 is the new Video iPod



I bought an Xbox 360 the other day; by accident, however I am very impressed with the machine overall.

Apart from the Game play, which of course is down to each individual game, the machine itself is sex in a box.

When you boot her up, you get all these Blades (sections), which look cool. You can download all these free (and you can’t beat free) games, which are all highly addictive especially, Hexic and Zuma.

During any game, you can talk to your mate playing an entirely different game.

You can turn the console on and off remotely using the Wireless Controller.

But the coolest thing I found last night is the streaming media. I can wirelessly connect to my Win XP laptop from the console and access all the stored Music and Photos.

But the bestest thing ever, is when you are playing music it has one of those Visualisations like in Windows Media Player (which I guess that’s all it really is), but you can make it full screen. Plus this visualisation is on a 37” HD LCD and it looks fan-fucking-tastic…. Mind blowingly good. Hypnotic.

I can wait to have our next party in the house and have that going in the back ground.


No comments: