Thursday, February 02, 2006

Internet Abuse! I ask you.


Ah well, it had to happen, one of the luckless Manx Lads has been cut-off. His employers (or Fascist Over Lords, as it says on his pay slips) have cited “Internet Abuse as the reason.

And this is after appearing on the companies Internet abuse list (distributed monthly to line managers) only 12 times (he has been there a year), and only 4 or 5 warnings… The whole thing came out of the blue… Whack! Straight between the eyes, he didn’t see it coming. Would they allow him Compassionate leave to get over the loss? No is the short answer.

Against my better judgment, he has decided to continue working for these dictators; I would rather be unemployed and destitute than being made to work without Internet access. I mean, what do they expect him to do all day? I ask you.

And all this on top of Shell’s record breaking profits… Coincidence…. I don’t think so.

I am Watching!

1 comment:

****** said...

Surely that must be against civil liberties? How can they expect you to sit on your ass for soo many hours without browsing. There's only one thing for it, you'll have to jump on the gravy train that is the civil service where you can be actively encouraged to do sod all but browse (as long as you don't tell the public, hushhhhhhh)