Wednesday, February 01, 2006

When I was a Lad!

With this article in mind, here is a comparison of my bedroom as a child and my sons’ current bedroom.

Mine (aged 9)
No Double Glazing
No Heating
Bed
Books
Plastic Toy Soldiers
Top Trumps
Connect 4 and a hand full of other similar games

Son (aged 9)
Double Glazing
Central Heating
Two Beds
Books
CD’s
DVD’s
Stereo
Televisions x 2 (15” & 32” Widescreen)
DVD Player
Portable DVD Player
Sky Multi-room (Full Sky Package)
Cameras x 2
MP3 Player
Nintendo DS
Numerous Remote Controlled Cars
Various Board Games
Xbox and Games
Mobile Phone (inc. Camera)

That is only the ones I can think of from the top of my head, and he wants a Laptop for Christmas…

I honestly mean this; “Kids Today, they don’t know their born”

Lucky Bastards

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Isn't that because you were just poor? And now you're rich?

When I was a lad I had everything - even an Xbox 360.