Monday, March 06, 2006

Snow, Beer & Hot Food



I had a fantastic weekend, starting on Friday when we just all sat round the TV, eating and talking (myself, the wife and the 3 kids). Nothing special it just felt really “family”, which I am a big sucker for.

Although I couldn’t sleep and was up at 5.50, there was a big bonus to start the day, as Ady has already stated it SNOWED, not a couple of centimeters but inches of pure white powdered FUN. Initially the kids wouldn’t go out and help me build snowmen, but eventually they gave in. We had a great time, and although there were a few (actually lots) of tears at various points in the snowball fights, I can honestly say it was the best morning ever.

I also managed to watch a fair bit of Rugby, and then once the children were all dropped off at various relatives we had my wife’s birthday night out to enjoy. A couple of drinks at a very relaxing bar, and then on for an Indian, was the order of the night. Not really knowing my way around an Indian Menu, I just picked the first thing that I came across; as it was everyone was just sharing the meals.

Then it was off to the local Disco, which I have been informed is now called a Club. Anyhoo at said Dicso Club, Steve & I were straight up on the floor and showing the young pups how to move. It wasn’t long before a hen party were up and trying to get our attention.

Basically it was a great night and a Big Up to all of those that turned up, especially Paulie B & S as it was their first night out with us lot (I hope they’ll join us again) and for Timmy D for making the effort in his Pink Shirt. Good to see you again fella.

Sunday was very relaxing.

On an aside I’ve just had my Work Staff Appraisal and here are the comments from my Senior Manager.
“A solid appraisal and reflects the excellent (often undetected) work Paul performs.”

I actually thought I sat around all day reading website’s and blog’s?? Who knew I was such a benefit to the Company. I might ask for a pay rise.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Undetected? Hmmm. Like the 'invisible' work we did at Invisimail? You really have this doing-f*ck-all down to a fine art.

Congratulations.

Mikey said...

If you want to move to the next level and do f*ck-all from home for even more money - I'm running a course in the Spring.