Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back for the New Year

Well I’m back at work now, having been off since the 22nd of December. What a fantastic holiday I’ve had, I’ve really enjoyed not being at work and spending all day with the family. True to my word I’ve been drinking every night (with only a couple of exceptions), and my body was beginning to fall apart. So although not completely Dry, January will be back to the occasional drinking night.

Things to look forward to this year:

Well by little boy is Three today and is a fantastic, he is such a loving and friendly boy, funny and very intelligent. You would seriously think he’s been here before. So Happy Birthday Nemo.

It’s my 40th next month (the 7th to be precise), so start saving up everybody. If you are wondering what to get me, I am actually collecting those Vouchers that the Bank of England give out, they come in either £20 or £50 denominations and can be spent virtually anyway. So dig deep till it hurts, it’s not every year I’m 40.

As for the rest of the year, this is the Year, we get our finances on track. We aren’t in the shit yet, but if we are not careful, we could well be. So spending is down to a bare minimum. I have even cancelled my beloved Gym membership, which means I’ll be bored silly every lunch time, and we have to get up early to go for a run, which actually has a silver lining, as I doubt my knees can take the pounding. So come September I should be in enough agony for the doctor to do some urgent surgery, meaning I can do some R & R at home watching the Rugby World Cup….

We might have to ditch Sky as well, but we’ll at least wait till after the Six Nations.

As usual I have no New Years Resolutions, as I don’t think people tend to do them any more, or at least you don’t hear about them as much as you used to.

That’s it really, good luck to Ady, Paulie B, B & J and Donna on their projects (for want of a better word) they are doing this year.

Later Days

No comments: