Tuesday, March 06, 2007

El Laberinto del Fauno

I'm not sure whether I've ever scene a film with such gore and beauty; joy and sadness; gritty realism and the fantastic.

I'm not sure whether I can fault it.......nope.

For those who will never see the movie, the star is a little girl who may (or may not) be totally imagining the fantasy world of the Labyrinth.

The sadness of the film derives from this simple fact; her only happiness comes from something that doesn't truly exist.

She's obviously crazed.

This made me think: we accept so much as fact. Be it High Blood Pressure, Global Warming, Iraq or Victoria Beckham. And yet we will never 'see' these for ourselves.

And yet, if I were to see a Unicorn or ride on a Pegasus, then I would be a nutter.

At the end of the day, we are all entombed in the reality of our own minds. And to the little girl, the Labyrinth is real.

That's all that counts.

1 comment:

****** said...

That's a lovely sentiment...were there any tits in it?