Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Laughter: the best medicine*

*apart from medicine

Want to have a really good laugh?

Listen to a joke.

They make me laugh. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Usually, I laugh right at the end, but sometimes I think I know what the end is going to be before it gets there and I will laugh quite a bit before. (Note: I seldom laugh at the start)

Some jokes make me laugh more than others. I think it's just one of those things.


If jokes aren't your thing, but you'd still like to laugh; try drugs. Some are better than others. And some can really make you laugh - "how much" you ask? A lot.

Drugs are generally more expensive than jokes. Drugs can cost at least a pound. Some cost two. On the plus side, you can sell any of the drugs you don't use. Whereas a joke, if not used immediately, will just disappear into thin air.


I don't want you to think that these are the only two routes to laughter.

Tickling is great. In fact, I'd say for reliability and cost effectiveness, tickling is the way to go.

Tickling ALWAYS works. Even if you were being raped or slashed with a knife, if the culprit were to stop and give you a good rib-tickling, I bet you'd still laugh (even if still moaning with pain/anguish).

I bet a joke wouldn't work in that situation. Or even drugs.

Regards

Mike 'Malibu' Organiser

2 comments:

No one Really said...

Actually, I'm not ticklish at all.

So I'll have to stick to jokes and drugs.

Regards

Donna said...

I mostly have to force a laugh out at jokes, but I think it's the quality of the jokes mainly. Maybe I should take more drugs.