Wednesday, October 17, 2007

your mum!

Right, you sometime readers, wannabe cyber-buddies, and stalkers of Manx Lads - I have a favour to ask of the lot of you.

I want, nay, I need to win a competition that's currently being hosted over at the Joe Abercrombie website. Joe Abercrombie is the author of an excellent series (well, two, coming into the third) of books called 'The First Law'. He, along with another groovy writer (Richard Morgan) are leading the resurgent talent of brit-lit fantasy 'n' Sciency fiction - taking up the call from the old wolves (Simon R Green and David Gemmell).

Curiously, the competition does not allow for multiple entries. And whilst I could (ummm, and prolly will) set up 1001 gmail accounts to enter under craftily thought up pseudonyms (Udy Hall, Ady Hell and arseface already in the works) - what would smack of authenticity is if you guys and gals emailed in as well.

The rules, if you're too lazy to click over to the site to have a look, are that you:
1) Email yer man at 'comp[at]joeabercrombie[dot]com' (replacing the [at] and [dot] with the relevant symbols.
2) Give your name and email address ('natch).
3) Complete the sentence "I deserve a proof of Last Argument of Kings because ..."

It's a monthly draw over the next three months. Seems that he'll accept any old tat as an answer for ther first two months. But the December month he'll be plumbing for the wittiest/scariest/sexiest completion of the quote.

And here's the thing, right. Here's what I want you lot to do. I want you to give the book to me! Yay. Then everyone's a winner. I want the book, y'see, which is not due for release Marchish 2008 (and may as well be forever if you're asking me to wait for something. Instant Gratification isn't just a tattoo, y'know, it's a highly revered 2-word philosophy).

So. For me. Will you do this thing? Cos I'll only be banging on about it until I get my way . . .

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, no I won't.