Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Karma and the balance of life

I pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I am a big believer in Karma, and what goes around comes around, and that life balances itself out.

Whenever I’ve really been in the shit, “life has provided”.

Well I’ve hated my new IT Consultants job for the last 6 months, and I have been so close to just walking away, except for the fact I have a wife and kids and mortgage.

Anyway, a Job came up in the Government for a Department I used to work for many years ago.

In the course of applying for the job and successfully getting it a couple of things have happened to me to balance out the good karma of getting the job.

Good things:
Getting new cushy Government Job
Gemma Atkinson in a bikini

Bad things:
3 year old dropping a paint tin in the back seat of the car, and the lid coming off
Losing my work Blackberry Pearl 10 days before I leave, so I know have to buy a new one out of my own pocket and give it to work (£200 out of pocket)

Both these bad things left me despondent and gloomy for a few hours, but I soon realised that without them some other Government slacker would have got MY job.

I love life at the moment, and I think this is going to be the best Christmas EVER!

No comments: