Friday, January 04, 2008

Sleep

I seem to have forgotten how to sleep. I know the theory behind it, you go to bed when you are tired, lie down, close your eyes and then drift off.

I on the other hand go to bed when I can hardly keep my eyes open, lie down, close my eyes, and then instantly come wide awake. I toss and turn, this way and that, get up to take a leak, try again, get up go downstairs, watch TV, back up and try again. I just can’t remember how to do it.

I eventually steal the odd 15 mins here and there, and normally collapse exhausted around the 3.30 to 4am mark only to get up again at 7.30am when the Alarm goes off.

The last 4 days have been at nightmare.

I haven’t had a drink in 4 days, so that might be the trouble. I’m on the wine tonight so I’ll see how I get on. Fingers Crossed

2 comments:

Donna said...

Andy's just been to docs re sleep probs and they've recommended he try Nytol. My be worth a try? He's only going to use it between night shifts but they've said it's pretty safe to use.

No one Really said...

Nytol gives me restless legs syndrome.... sorry