Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gluwein


Do you know what my favourite thing about Christmas is, apart from Christmas cake and Christmas pudding? Gluwein.

I love the smell and taste of it.

When I was in living in Germany on the Queens Service, on freezing frosty and snowy days, I would be walking down the main Deutsche Strasse, and there would be all these little carts all over the place. All you could smell is this sweet smelling aroma. It was heaven.

I might start my own Gluwein Cart in Strand Street…

Roll on Christmas

2 comments:

Donna said...

Mmmm ... pop us a glass over will ya?

Ady Hall said...

They have similar all over Europe. Prague I couldn't pass one by without topping up!

Wonder if you could get a license to sell it from a cart?? It would be a winner - (esp with roasted chestnuts).