Friday, November 25, 2005

What friends are for . . .

Bit of a rant but first I need to fill you in on some details –

I have a friend (not really, more of a friend of a friend) who I rented my flat too. He defaulted one months rent, I suspected nasty things happening in the property gave him notice and he defaulted the final month (‘natch). After paying off the utility bills he finally ended up owing me over £1200. After being ‘managed’ for a few months, lots of promises to pay, standing orders yada, yada, yada, he has disappeared from the radar and I am still without a cent.

Ok – so far so obvious. Valuable lesson this late in life etc, and the debt will not be going away (whatever excuses I hear from third parties). I don’t work so that some prick spends my cash.

However, met with a couple of mates for a lunchtime munch and the subject came up. All I need was to have a good old rant and rage and see a few nodding heads and grunts of "Thats terrible" "I know what you mean" "Poor you" etc etc. Instead, (and you know it’s going to be patronising when you hear the words ‘If I can be Devil’s Advocate’) I get a lecture of what you should do and why you shouldn't let it bother you - - and yes it’s crap what he’s done and proceed to give smugly opinions!!!

I mean - for Gods sake - just listen and agree and join in!! Lets rip the world to shreds, pour a few beers down, dust ourselves off and go about our way - feeling more justified dignified and quelled!! Jeepers!

And so another late in life hits me square on the noggin!

2 comments:

****** said...

I would say there is only 1 person in the wrong here, shame the thieving scumbag by publishing his name live on the web for all to read!

Mikey said...

Well, if I can just play Devils Advocate for a moment...

...I know what you mean. Everyone today tries to be a psychoanalyst or debt councillor or whatever these days. Just nod and agree and say "f*ck the b*astard"