Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blast from the Past


As I came out of the Gym at lunch time, some fella was just walking past. We both briefly looked at each other and then carried on our separate ways.

It wasn’t till I was around the corner that it sunk in who it was. It was an old friend that I haven’t seen since I was a Primary School, some 28 years ago (I’m trying not to think how old that statement makes me feel).

Anyway, luckily living on the Rock, there is nothing sacred, and 15 mins later I had it confirmed that he was living back on the Island, where he worked and his email address.

So we are going out for a drink next week to catch up on old times… I think I’ll bring Ady along, as after 30 mins of catching up, we’ll have nothing to say.

So for those out there who remember Mr John Melia, who was once listed as one of the Top Ten Most Eligible Bachelors in London, we are going for a drink if you wish to tag along.

He also made me promise not to tell Barry where he was… So hush hush Bro.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

John Melia?

The Island is TOO small. Me and him were mates at King Bills for the simple reason that we were the only two kids in the class without millionaire parents.

Pencil me in if you arrange a further drink.