Monday, March 27, 2006

Mum’s Day

It was a funny old weekend; I went to bed on Saturday Night complaining to my incredibly sexy wife that I felt as if the weekend had been a dead loss and that I hadn’t done anything. The only highlight up to that point was watching the incredibly thrilling Sale Shark’s vs. London Irish game, what a cracker to say the least.

However, all that changed on Mummy’s day. I got up early and waited for the kids to get up. When they finally decided to leave their pits, we began the breakfast feast for Princess. The tray was festooned with a Bacon & Mushroom toasty, OJ, Tea, Flowers, Cards and gifts.

The children then fawned over Mum for the next hour or so, which was nice for her. We then got ready and picked up my Mum before heading off to the restaurant for a three-course feast. Daniel was impeccably well behaved and also ate everything on his plate. My roast dinner didn’t have a roast potato like everyone else, which I mentioned in passing to a waitress, she then reappeared a couple of mins later with a bowl full of them… Result!

Needless to say after three courses including about 7 large roasties I was stuffed….

We also finished the night off with a couple of bottles of Bubbly.

So all in all Sunday made the weekend.

I hope all you Mum’s out there got exactly what you deserve.

1 comment:

Ady Hall said...

And thanks, Mr K., for the techie assist. As always, it was a user problem and no fault can be alin at the pedestal of Dell.

Who would have thought that you should use the cable enclosed in the box!

Cheers, fella