Monday, March 20, 2006

Why oh Why Would I Want to?


Go Out that is.

My wife is always complaining that I never go out and give her a night to herself. She is good enough, to go out with the girls at least once a week to allow me some alone time, but I never reciprocate and allow her the same luxury.

But why would I want to go out.

At home, I have an extremely comfortable sofa, my house is very warm and welcoming. I have a nice 37” HD TV, Broadband, Xbox 360, Sky +, DVD’s galore and a fridge full of beer and wine.
It seems to me that there is no reason to go out? I’ve been out and done that, but you can’t beat home, a real home and that’s what I have.

However, there is one reason, Mates (Friends, Pals, Buddies, Chums, Comrades, Besties).

You can’t invest enough time in your friends. They are there (if they are not, then they are not really mates) when you need them. When times are bad or girlfriends are as crazy as a bag of cats, it’s mates that keep you sane. Girlfriends come and go, but mates are there for the long haul.

So I have decided to make more of an effort and get out with the Lads every couple of weeks. Email is not enough any more, neither is interaction via the medium of Blog.

I need real life, sit down, beer in one hand and talk bollocks for 4 hours, sort of interaction.

So the call has gone out and I am awaiting a response.

No comments: