Monday, April 03, 2006

The Rhythm is Going to Get You!

Saturday evening Max & I were out with her cousin and another two couples. It was a fairly early start (1815Hrs) as the Pub we were going to stopped serving food at 1930. The Pub (The Queens, and no it isn’t one of those Pubs that Crash n Donna enjoy) was fairly full, so the girls sat at a table (actually three tables as they kept moving as and when a better one became available), and us four lads sat at the bar.

Things were fine for the first 10 mins, and then the three lads started talking football (all three were huge Man U fans), which of course I haven’t a clue about. I couldn’t even tell you who is in the Premiership. Therefore, I just concentrated on the “Guest Ales” and let them crack on. There was some respite whilst we ate the EXCELLENT food, but then they spent 30 mins (that’s thirty whole minutes) talking about the Old Trafford pitch??? 30 minutes talking about grass eh!

Well that was me, I went and sat with the Shelia’s in the corner. From that point on it starts to get blurry. Since I hadn’t been able to join in the Football conversation at the bar, I had concentrated on drinking pints of bitter, which meant by the time I sat down with the girls I was very merry. By this time, some fella on a keyboard was singing in the corner, which was a perfect opportunity to get up and dance. Luckily, the girls got up with me. That was me then, I just danced and danced all night. The highlight was when he did Mustang Sally…. For those of you who don’t know, Mustang Sally has a hold on me, as soon as I hear it, I have to dance, and the dancing usually ends up with me taking half my clothes off, I don’t know what it is, but that song really get’s under my skin. Maxine joined me on the floor and we gyrated and sexed our way through the song to the open jaws of the crowd, whom I had even forgotten was there….

When the pub shut we moved on to the piano bar and Kim refused to walk as she doesn’t do walking, she even drives to the corner shop from her house which must be all of 30 meters away. Anyhoo I was adamant that she wasn’t getting a Taxi, so I lifted her on my back and ran all the way to the next Bar… (Don’t ask me why?)

Luckily enough there was a live band at the new place and I didn’t even have time for a drink, I was straight on the dance floor. Most of the time it was just me up there, but I didn’t care, I was far too drunk to be bothered. Although I have been told I did a lot of grabbing girls and dragging them up, and one of the lads was a bit pissed off that I dragged his wife up and picked her up and she put her legs around my waist as we danced… (I don’t actually remember that one….)

All in all it was a very good night, and apparently Maxine was told on more than one occasion, “Paul’s normally such a quiet person”, which I am, until you add Bitter and Music.

It’s Monday morning and my legs are still aching from all the dancing and considering I go to the Gym 5 times a week and have no side effects, I must have danced like a dervish.

I was a Dancing GOD !

No comments: