Thursday, April 26, 2007

You can Shove Your Job up Your Arse

I finally packed in my Job. After 2 years of sitting around trying to look busy for 7 hours a day, I’ve taken the plunge and decided to do some real work. Hopefully it will be both a step forward financially and more importantly for job satisfaction.

I was hoping to give my Boss a huge ranting rant as I walked out the door, but they are looking to contract my services out through my new Employer. Which is ever so annoying as I had spent a couple of days typing out the rant and practising it in the peace of the server room.

To show you what a bunch of cooooooonts my currently employers are, I handed in my notice on Tuesday 24th, which means 4 weeks notice would be 24th May. However, the way they work it, my final salary would be pro-rata for the month less weekends. Which is only 17 working days, so that’s means a17th of my normal monthly wage? However, if I say I’ll work to the end of the month, I get a full month’s wage. So I have to stick this place out for 5 weeks instead of 4.

Plus, more evidence of the shitty shitness of my Coooooooooonting Employers is that this Year alone and we are talking only 4 months, 4 people have left, including two of whom didn’t even have jobs to go to: they just couldn’t stand it any longer.

4 comments:

****** said...

Either deliver the rant with somebody taping it for u-tube or even better have your new boss charge accordingly to the cooontishness of your current employers. It will let you strut, knowing that you got one over the coonts.

And good luck with the new job, I reckon you made the right choice.

Mikey said...

Actually, I'm not so sure. I've been looking into it and this could be a pretty big mistake. I'll tell you the details off-line. Hopefully it's not too late. Sorry.

Mikey said...

Just joshing. Shat your pants though, didn't you?

Well done fella.

No one Really said...

Mike

You are a coooonnnt.

After you give me back my Camcorder, and you have your house warming Party, I don't want to hear from you again