Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas Part 2


The run up to Christmas was a simple affair, my lovely wife did everything and I spent my time and energy looking up reviews and prices of my dream TV. I only had to get her and my eldest’s gifts, which took an hour shopping.

Christmas morning wasn’t the early morning affair that I remember from my childhood. At 9am there was still no one up, so we woke up the kids. Gifts were exchanged and happy faces were everywhere.

Christmas lunch was to be down at a local hotel, with the Neighbours and the Wards. We all met down there and started on the drinks. The first course got off to a stuttery start, as none of the plates were clean enough to use. At least that’s what the queue of people in front of me thought; bollock’s that I said, it won’t kill you. Although by the look on some of their faces as I picked up one of the food smeared plates and started pilling it up, thought I wouldn’t make it through the main course.

The food was quite nice, but not a great selection, but the service was awful. Not an English speaking person within Cooey, and the Bitter and Guinness was disgusting. Plus Santa didn’t show up, although that was included in the price. I must get round to writing a letter…

Afterwards, everyone popped back round ours, for more drink and chat, but they all left around 7pm and left my wife and I to enjoy our Interactive Trivial Pursuit DVD, Extreme. Which for the record, she won 4 games to 1…

The rest of the days were quiet and peaceful, until New Years Eve. We did the annual thing and went round her cousin’s house (just round the corner so no Taxi’s needed) and welcomed the New Year in there. There were a good crowd as usual around 30 to 40 people, with lots and lots to drink and eat. The highlight of the night was the Lesbian Lap Dancers (cousins of someone) that held all the Male attention. They weren’t performing as that would be a busman’s holiday, and quite frankly just a little too much for half the old men there. Oh and someone had a finger sliced open stretching for the cheese across someone else carving a ham joint. Still after a quick trip to the hospital in an ambulance, she was back 2 hours later on the drink. I hear the party was still going at 7.30 am..

The rest of the New Year holiday was quiet.

Any way that’s enough writing, no real plans for the New Year, just to enjoy life as much as possible, have more people round for drinks, watch less TV, enjoy the kids etc..

Oh and in closing, I purchased my New HD TV on Christmas Eve…Spend Spend Spend.

Have a Great Year

No comments: