Monday, January 23, 2006

DIY; I Rock!


I’ve had a DIY project that has been screaming at me to do it. Actually it was more the wife screaming at me to do it, never-the-less somebody was screaming and it wasn’t me.

Basically to give you some background story.

In our fitted kitchen, going from the wall outwards was: slim Fridge Freezer, Chest Freezer (top opening) and then fitted work top.

The trouble started when we bought a Huge Fridge Freezer, that whilst brilliant, is a fair bit wider that the old one. So we could “just” about fit it in, but now you can’t open the lid of the chest freezer because of the over hand of the work top. To get in you have to pull the freezer out get your stuff and then squeeze it back in.

All it needed was to take the work top off and cut 25mm off the end; but when you don’t know the first thing about stuff like that, it looks a big job.

Anyhoo, I thought what the hell I’d have ago last Saturday. After unscrewing three poxy screws the work top came off. Measured 25mm line on the bottom of the work top and then got the next door neighbour to come round with his circular saw and lop off the end. Wacked it back on top of the cupboards and re-screwed the three screws. JOB DONE.

All that time putting it off and off thinking what a HUGE job it would be, and it took about 15 mins… Bastard DIY…

No comments: