Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It must be Fate!


To quote my post of less than 4 hours ago;

“The only thing missing now, is a Surround Sound System and an Xbox 360, but all in due course. There is only so much you can put on a credit card before it breaks.”

Well apparently not. I was all set to wait till the 360 came widely available on the shelves, but I thought I would just ring up the local Game shop and see when they think that might be.

This is where my philosophy of “Live Provides” comes into play.

So I ring up and ask the question, they say they don’t really know when that would be. I said could I put my name down on their list of people wanting said 2nd Generation Gaming Console. As they already have a 150 people on their waiting list, I assumed that would give me a couple of months before I came up.

Well actually, he says in hushed conspiratal tones, we are expecting 8 consoles this afternoon; do you want one of those? Er! Yes.

So in I popped in on the way back from the Gym, and I now own an Xbox 360…. Not quite sure how, but I do.

I actually remember telling my lovely wife that I would stop spending… I wish I wouldn’t be sure a pawn to destiny.

No comments: