Friday, January 06, 2006

Nothing to Say again!


But since when has that stopped me pontificating?

I thought I would bore you with a choice I need to make. I like Rugby; a lot. I also like drinking. On the 2nd March the Rugby Club is having a Sportsman Dinner with Jason Leonard as the guest speaker. I really rate Jason, I mean, the man is the most capped forward in history and has played in no less than 4 Rugby World Cups (including two finals). The thing is, it’s £48 a ticket just to sit down. Then during the meal you are suckered into all the games etc. Such as Heads and Tails that is another £10 ago. So that’s £68 before you have a drink…

Still it is Jason Leonard, and I do get to dress up in my Tux, walk around with a Port and Cigar and generally look and feel like James Bond all night.

I think I might have just talked myself into it, but I would appreciate your comments. Obviously if any of the lads here on the Rock would like to come, I need to know asap.

The other thing I was going to mention were the up and coming series on TV I was looking forward to catching.

Battlestar Galactica: I thought the first series was the best thing since sliced bread.

Bones: Sounds like a mix of CSI and threshold

ER: Quickest 60 mins on TV, shit hot and fast paced (mostly)

Threshold: Quirky alien Sci-Fi series. Lots of Humour

Plus I must also mention that I am watching the Firefly series on DVD box set. Coontin (almost forgot to use the word of the week) brilliant. I love westerns and I love Sci-Fi, mix them together and you get Firefly.

That is all, have a great weekend.

No comments: