Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mental Toughness

Mental Toughness

I have pretty much done regular exercise since joining the Army at the tender age of 17. Obviously there have been times I haven’t, such as whilst travelling etc. But whilst in any one place for a length of time, I’ve either gone to a Gym or been a regular runner.

Since working for my current and shitte employer I have been going at least three times a week during my lunch hours. However, due to being extremely lacking in money, and trying to limit spending, I cancelled my Gym membership this year.

The last few weeks have been hell. I really have missed the exercise, I feel awful physically and mentally. So I decided it was time to hit the road again. So I set the alarm for 7.00am this morning, determined to go running.

Of course the Alarm went off, and although I was awake, I was lovely and warm and comfortable. So I rolled over and reset it to the normal time and then snuggled in to the wife.

I was just getting comfy when I mentally started shouting at myself for being a wimp. Come on lard arse get out of bed, you lazy bastard.

Well it worked, I jumped up donned my running attire and was out and on the streets in 5 mins flat.

Thank god I did, I feel great now, and the feeling of all those endorphins flying around my system is the drug I’ve been missing all these weeks.

Just patting myself on the back.

That is all.

No comments: