Monday, February 26, 2007

The Weekend that was.

Friday night we had the neighbours round for some food and drink. After an initial mix up with them thinking it was Saturday that they were coming over, they eventually turned up. Thank God, as my wife had sent hours preparing the food and setting the table. Anyway, after the delicious food, we retired to the living room.

Now Dave (the neighbour) is the most competitive person you have ever met. I’ve seen him playing the “Deal No Deal” DVD against his kids, laughing and poking fun at them when he wins (kids ages: 10,6 and 3). The man just wants to win everything at all costs. He had been drinking all night, knocking back the wine.

We suggested having a game of 10 Pin Bowling on the Wii. To add to Dave’s competitive steak, he is a huge Bowling Fan and regularly played and was a member of the local team. As soon as we started on the Game, he put his wine down and didn’t touch it again all night.

He was focused on winning, the rest of us were giving each other encouraging remarks, and congratulating each other on good shots. He didn’t utter a word.

The best bit of course, is where I beat him…………….

Anyhoo, it was a very good night.

Saturday, we collected my eldest and watched Rugby (don’t say a thing) and just messed around.

Sunday was pretty much empty. We were busy doing nothing all day, with no Rugby at all on the TV.

I did spend an hour helping my Mum’s next door neighbour migrating his files, from his old WinXp machine to a brand new Windows Vista Premium addition. Talk about chalk and cheese…. I would have loved to have spent a couple more just skeeting around, but I had to get home for tea.

That was it, nothing special, and it seems to have gone too quickly as usual.

I almost didn’t go for a run again this morning; I reset the alarm and snuggled in to the wife. I managed to get out of bed, even though someone was promising naughty things to tempt me back. I’m glad I did, I had a bit of a dickey tummy when I went to bed, and it still wasn’t right this morning. However, the run soon cured that.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week to come.

No comments: