Monday, February 05, 2007

Sweat Dreems

"This is not so much going out to the people sitting in the audience, it's more going out to the people sitting in my mind"

I had a funny dream last night.

I dreamt I was having a telephone interview for a job in England. The guy at the other end was asking me various techie questions and I was doing my best to sound intelligent.

But I noticed (in the dream) that the interviewer was very hesitant, taking ages to come up with the next question.

And then I had a sudden insight; I was dreaming! The reason the interviewer was so slow was that it was actually my subconscious mind providing the questions. I found this so strange and, bizarrely, I felt it definitely gave me an advantage.

But the next question from the interviewer caught me by surprise "Do you have any experience with Windows OS Turner?". Firstly, for the non-techies, this is like saying "Have you driven the new Ford Creambun?" - it's a stupid question, there's no such thing.

So, I took a risk, "Yes, I've used it extensively" I replied. Let's face it, if he called my bluff, I could just wake up.

Ha - that showed him.

No comments: