Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Last Job of the Summer

I did the final cut of the year last night, so the lawn is now ready for its winter slumber. How suburban is that? Grass cut and lawn mower washed down, lightly oiled and put away till summer. After that I was burnt out. All I could do was sit on the couch, eating Chip Sticks and watching a DVD.

In other news, I walk under three Conkers trees on my way to work every morning, and recently I have been picking up the little round things and bringing them home. But I have been warned not to bring any more home as the house is full. Well it was very windy last night, and there were literally hundreds of them all over the place. Some bloody big ones as well. It was such an effort not to grab them.

Squash tonight, and then it’s settling down with the wife, a bottle of wine and a DVD. Tomorrow, its round one of the lads houses to play Xbox 360 and drink beers.

Later Days

No comments: