Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Playing a blinder

My wife is strange but lovely. Or strangely lovely. Whatever.

We were driving home a few weeks back in the early evening. Our route took us up a certain hill in a westerly direction.

Sure enough the sun was near setting and (magnificent though it was) was blinding. Even with sunshades down, it was almost impossible to see the oncoming traffic.

My delightful wife commented on this:

"This is awful, I can't see a bloody thing"
"I agree", I agreed
"They should do something about this"

This took me totally by surprise and it took me a while to reply

"Darling...pardon my ignorance...but who is 'they' ?"
"You know, the government?"
"Er. I see. And, out of interest, what do you suggest they do about the gargantuan ball of flaming gas 93 million miles away in space?"
"Well, I don't know, do I? I'm just saying, I can't see where I'm going, what am I supposed to do?"
"Stop"

1 comment:

No one Really said...

Quirky old bird your misses.

I like her a lot.